Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chapter One


     Starting February 4th of this year, I'll be packing my bags and heading towards the next chapter of my life. It's strange to think about how fast that life goes by. It feels like just the other day I was playing toy soldiers outside Grandma's house with my brother. I remember when I used to climb the tree next to her cabin when I was eight years old, thinking that I had nothing to figure out. But one day you wake up to find that you're ten years older. Your siblings are all married, and the house where you used to wake up every morning now belongs to a new family. The obvious question to ask is "What now?" How can I determine God's will for my life?
     As humans it's natural to want to know what the future has in store. I think, that the secret to making life interesting is being open to change. I need to learn to live life one day at a time, take chances and invest in God's Word so that when another ten years passes by I can look back and say that I've truly lived.
     This is why I'm taking the thought of moving across the country with a grain of salt. I want to be open to change because whether I like it or not, it's going to happen. I would much rather trust God going into this new chapter of my life than to regret not counting on the Lord at all. Yes it will be the first time that I will truly be apart from all of my siblings, but at the same time I'm trying to see it as a blessing. For me this is an opportunity to have a fresh start; to finally begin growing up on my own and finding out what it truly means to be Billie Jean. So as of today, right this moment, I'm going to count this as my first sentence in my new chapter. Whatever happens, I have faith that the ending will be one I won't expect. And to me, those are the best stories of all.



No comments:

Post a Comment